Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Turbocharger for GMGT??

Ive been bitten by the turbo bug.

Instead of turbo'n the Talon, I think it would be much more worthwhile to build a blowthru carb turbo setup for the merk.

Its a sure way to get 600hp
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

a crapload of tuning to get it going right...just supercharge it with a small roots blower. Pullthrough > blowthrough

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
    '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
    '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Shut up.

Suck-thru sucks. Plus, I can use an intercooler.

Plus, ive proven im not afreaid of tuning, unlike some people

Comment

Stop talkin about it and just DO it!!!!!!! :rock: :banana:
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

dude, thats fucked, why would u do somethin like that? i say supercharger all the way...i want instant boost, instead of waiting for it and besides, blowers are more practical for destroying rice!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Alright, before you dipshits all start bashing turbos, you need to understand the facts.

1. Turbo dont take ten fuckin minutes to spool. With my setup, lag will be near non-existant.
            2. Everyone and their mother runs a blower. I wanna be different.
            3. The guys who run turbos on their stangs, they are some of the fastest ones in the country.
            4. Price: Turbo setup would be cheaper.

I have loads of friends who are big on turbos.

Comment

well, i think turbos sound like shit on a V8! especially the blow off valve :naughty:

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

You're on drugs. :drug:

Comment

There nothing wrong with a turbo. But i think blowers sound better and that big blower sticking through the hood looks bad ass. As for me when i rebuild the motor in my capri im putting in a gear drive. They sound so much better.
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS
                  flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Alright, before you dipshits all start bashing turbos, you need to understand the facts.

1. Turbo dont take ten fuckin minutes to spool. With my setup, lag will be near non-existant.
                    2. Everyone and their mother runs a blower. I wanna be different.
                    3. The guys who run turbos on their stangs, they are some of the fastest ones in the country.
                    4. Price: Turbo setup would be cheaper.

I have loads of friends who are big on turbos.
                    5.Turbo's dont suck up hp because they dont use any mechanical drive system to spool it, they just use the exhaust. The hp you lose from the backpressure is near non-existant.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

It might be cheaper to go with a twin turbo set-up. Then you can use 2 smaller cheaper turbos instead of 1 big ass turbo. for a 5.0 you can use 2 turbos off of Turbocoupes with the automatic trans. For a 351 you want 2 turbos off or manual equipped cars.
                      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Thanks for the support.

I may end up using two rebuilt 2nd Gen supra turbos..

a twin turbo requires less plubing, lol...

Comment

Don't tell me that wouldnt look pretty sittin atop the 351w

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                          '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                          '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Yeah, a blower looks good, but when you get down to it, seems that a turbo would be less work. With the blower you might have to move all your accessories to give it clearance and shit. Plus, like others have said, turbos don't suck HP to run.
                            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

No it won't take forever to spool up, however it will take more time than a supercharger. HP loss from the exaust restriction is noticable. It's like going back to 1-7/8" single exhasut with funtional CATs. And you will also need an extra oil cooler to go with that turbo. Turbos are like super heaters for your oil, without extra cooling to compensate your engine will feel the heat.

I to am on the side of sound as well, a set of gears winding up sounds better, than a bone shattering shreak of a turbo squealing air in.

On the power gain side, I'd have to go with turbo. It does seam to go up in power mutch more, however, you have to keep in mind what type of turbo does that. A 3rd gen tweeked turbo will be awesom, but then you're in the same price range (and power gain) as a nice and shinny supercharger. They don't realy make a mild supercharger for the 351w.

All and all, I'm sure if you put a turbo on the GMGT, that we would all go oo and ahhh. Moer power is more power, unless it's NO2, then it's temp power.

Comment

Working...
                              X