Power antenna replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power antenna replacement

I just bought a replacement power antenna for my 91 gm from the local wrecker. Are there any tips for the installation or is it pretty straight forward? Thanks...
    1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
    61,000 Miles
    1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
    52,000 Miles
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

I think I can be of some help here... To access the power antenna assembly, drop the passenger side front door off its hinges.
    Once the door is off, you'll be able to reach into the fender and get at the assembly.

To remove the assembly, unscrew the nut at the top of the assembly (outside the fender, where the antenna comes out), and then there is one small nut that holds the assembly to a bracket from underneath. Once that nut is off, you can wiggle the whole assembly out so you can work on it.

If you're just replacing the antenna itself, open up the round casing and feed the new antenna in. If you're replacing the motor, just unscrew it and screw the new one on. I suppose you could replace the whole assembly, but then you'd have to splice the coax cable that goes to the radio.

When you're done, bolt the assembly back in, put the door back on, and you're all set! Good luck...

1987 Mercury Grand Marquis
    5.0L V8

Performance Mod Status: Planning Phase
    Interior Mod Status: Planning Phase

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll give it shot this weekend.
      1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
      61,000 Miles
      1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
      52,000 Miles
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

Comment

I had luck taking the fender loose, cause hanging a door is a bitch. Either way its going to suck, I chucked my power ant since it was broke and used a plain jane off of a grand marq. I might use the switch for an electric fan but I don't know yet.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Well i'll tell you what i did when my antenna went bad i just took it all all i covered teh hole up and i liek my car better with no antenna on it. The radio still works i just hooked a smaller antenna up inside . My access for my antenna is also in the trunk
          The Best
          Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Yay for towncars. Access for the antenna is right in the trunk. Takes like 5 mins to change it. :rock:
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ummm, dropin the door is a long shot, i jus drop the inner fender, and the whole motor is exposed, its much easier to do instead of dropin the door, lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yeah droppin the door on a 2dr =
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

that would be insain, i dont see my self doin that shit

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                  X