what do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do I have?

my motor came out of a 89 grand marquis ,i would like to know what pistons i have. I would like to instal a new cam ,but this is my daily driver and need to have all parts on hand so as to make as little downtime as possible.do the pistons in my motor have valve reliefs or not and are the heads any good for this purpose or not. Ant input is welcome.

cast, dished, no valve reliefs. I wouldn't bother with any upgrade onthe lopo. Especially a cam.

peruse the FAQs and stickies....
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by scootin127 View Post
      my motor came out of a 89 grand marquis ,i would like to know what pistons i have. I would like to instal a new cam ,but this is my daily driver and need to have all parts on hand so as to make as little downtime as possible.do the pistons in my motor have valve reliefs or not and are the heads any good for this purpose or not. Ant input is welcome.
      If your engine is original, then the pistons do not have valve reliefs. Your heads are E6 heads. I don't know what you have planned for your car. But since you already went through the trouble of taking the motor out, I'd convert that motor to the HO 302, found in mustangs.

Comment

HO cam you can do, beyond that you're in uncharted territory. Might have problems, might not. I probably wouldn't risk it.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

HO cam will work but you'll need to swap plug/injector wires to the HO order.
          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

you have a lot of money (i hope) and a car that needs a whipplecharged exploder motor. please keep us updated
            '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

Welcome to GMN.

Heads are good for really low-end torque. Above 3K and they weeze.

What is your purpose for this motor and what do you have it in? Keeping EFI or carb'd conversion?
              1990 Country Squire - under restoration
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
              X