AOD Final blow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Gurus,
    I use my '89 wagon for high speed 12/26 hr Interstate travel to dog trials arriving at rough farmsteads where the limited slip keeps me from being pulled out by my host's tractor.
    My rebuilt from the frame up and repainted (no fake woodwork thanks) has 170k.It's an ace machine and I anticipate 270 k.
    I have rebuilt the tranmission three times in the last 100k and plan to run the thing until it falls apart like the "deacon's wunerful one hoss shay". What should I do to my transmission?
    Donald McCaig
    1989 CP Scottified steering, suspension and big brakes, 16 in wheels, A-pillar oil & temp gauges, remote entry, backup sensor, tailgate wiper, custom console & trash, tranny & ps coolers, 3 cell radiator, electric fan, dual exhausts, battery isolator, hellas headlights,deer pusher,wads of dog hair.

Comment

Well, if it keeps breaking that fast, there is something wrong. What keeps breaking? If it's the clutches burning up, then your TV cable is prolly out of adjustment. If, you have more than normal power, then it might not be bad idea to get a high performance AOD. Rated to handle more power. I just passed one up that was rated for 450hp with a 12month warranty for $895 shipped.

Comment

Working...
      X