How can I tell if injectors are bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I tell if injectors are bad?

I am getting 19# injectors for free so anyone now how to tell if they are good or not?
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

I would suggest comparing the resistance between them with an ohm meter.
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Wow, that's a GREAT page. Really makes things clear. Now I'm certain on how to rebuild a fuel injector.

Comment

The coils in an injector seldom open up, so an ohm meter probably will not tell you anything. What happens more often is they get clogged or sticky, and don't spray properly. A cylinder balance test may tell you something. Moving the injector to another cylinder to see if it moves the problem is a good way to tell. If its sticking open, you'll have a darker plug on that cylinder. If one isn't spraying properly and going lean you'll have eithe a really white plug or possibly other signs of increased heat.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X