89 LTC AC acting real funny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 LTC AC acting real funny

heres the story: we got our AC reworked cuz it was leaking around all the O-rings, so they resealed everything nice and they filled it up with freon. It cools AWESOME for the 1st 15 mins of so of driving, then it happens; whenever I have to get on the gas to accelerate, the ac goes off, the heat comes on and it blows out the winshield defroster vents?!?! then when I let off the gas, it goes back to cold air and it comes out where its supposed to. Maybe something to do with TPS sensor, maybe a spun bearing in the compressor, maybe blend door?? help please! thanks

p.s. I disconnected the vacuum hose going to my "coffee can" evap and i plugged it and ran the car for a while and that did nothing.
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

sounds like a vacume leak , when you get on the gas it makes the selector think you switched it to defrost. we have the same problem on a 2001 Ranger
    http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
    http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

:stupid:
      It does soun like a vacume leak. Normaly you don't notice it because the vacume genrated by the engine out runs the leak. However, when you open up the throttle the engine loses its vacume. On a side note, the AC compressor should dissenguage when you accelerate a good bit.

Comment

Check the can and the thermal blower lockout. It gets its vacuum straight off the main climate control vac line and if it leaks it will make the system flip out really quick. Replaced the can on mine, sealed off the thermal lockout switch, and it works perfectly now.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X