No announcement yet.

3g Alternator is installed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice the :camera: thank you for that effort to post those for future references at time to upgrade OEM alt for a newer one.
    MERC75-INTERCEPTOR, BORN IN 2003,DIED IN SEP/21/2010 AT 9:55AM AT THE SORT AHE OF 8 YEARS PROTECTING HIS OWNER TO DIE

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Where'd you route the big charge cable? Where did you put the fuse?
      I wasn't sure to run one or not. The Mustang guy I know was like I didn't need to do that and it should be fine. He said the Musangs wasn't much difference on the wires, so I was like Hummmm, I'll try it and see what happens. I haven't seen anything go wrong with it yet.

Comment

does it have any fusable links?

Comment

I didn't install any. Am I in trouble?

Comment

The e fan with no clutch. I havent actually tried to shove on in a box yet but they work awesome on trucks.
            1989 Grand Marquis LS
            flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by 88_Marquis_302 View Post
              I didn't install any. Am I in trouble?
              Well I would have some sort of precaution if something happens to either the alternator or the battery, or anything else, it will protect the alternator or the wiring for the car.

Comment

Uh Oh. Maybe that won't happen. So it would melt the wiring or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 88_Marquis_302 View Post
                  Uh Oh. Maybe that won't happen. So it would melt the wiring or something?
                  it's possible.

Comment

I would defently put a fuse or a fuseable link in there. It is cheap insurance and is HIGHLY recomended over on the corral. Just throw one in, agian it is cheap insurance for the unknown.

Comment

Working...
                    X