SVT Vic down for a night!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SVT Vic down for a night!

Yeah, so I was at a friend's house and as I was leaving it stalled.....STALLED!!!! WTF!!! So I crank away, that familiar sound that brings back memories of pushing crap trucks we've owned. It doesn't attempt to even start. Then I see smoke coming from the hood!! I couldn't think of anything but that post of the Jetta burning to a crisp. :cry: Stop, yank the key out, and through the hood open getting ready to wake the whole neighbor hood up to save the Vic. Luckily nothing was on fire, just a lot of smoke coming from some wires. The wires that run to the distributor, I think. I'll post pics of the burn if there is anything to see. I hope it didn't cook the distributor or any other sensitive component. I have this issue because of the clean up that I did under the hood over the last few days. Now since I had to turn the wheel with the engine off, the power steering fluid has shot all over everything again! :cuss:

Even though it has died, it still holds true that my Vic has never ever left me stranded on the road. It always has problems just when it's best to have them. So I'm spending the night at the friend's, and pix and fix in the morning.

Damn dude, that blows. hope it isn't bad.
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

if you need wiring diagrams, or exploded views i have mitchell 5 acess just get my attention somehow

Comment

A wire diagram for my Vic...HA!!! I wish, the only engine wiring diagrams for my baby are in my Dad's head and a little black composition book with the car. (which is a bit outdated too)

Thanks for the offer though man, I appreciat it. :thankyou:

Comment

That sucks. At least it didn't crap out someplace and leave you stranded. On my VW I had a fuel pump go. $70 tow bill for a $12 pump that I had sitting at home and had the tools with me to change it, but nobody could/would bring it to me. Same thing when I had the generator fail and the belt snapped, causing me to loose the cooling fan which in an air cooled motor is a no-no.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

get you a new TFI module connector!
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownLX
              get you a new TFI module connector!
              I don't need to, nor will I ever. My TFI module is not the old style ones that were mounted on the distributor. It's on the wheel well. So since there is no heat or vibration there, I shouldn't have any issues with it ever.

Comment

YEAH!! Simple fix!!

15 minutes to get it so I could drive home. And then only 30 minutes to do all the real fixing. :banana:

Just as I thought old wires that were moven around from my cleaning and they shorted out. I just ran two new wires for the ones that got burned in two, and shrink wrapped the 4 that lost their insulation. Here are the pics.

Comment

good stuff

Comment

Long time since i been on! I been out of town and i didnt have access to a computer but im back now.. Im glad to hear you got ur car fixed and it was only loose wires..
                    The Best
                    Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

Working...
                    X