Door trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door trouble

Recently my passenger door only opens from the inside but you still have to give a bit of a push to get it open. I've lubed all the parts but no luck. Is this a common problem with an easy fix? Thanks for your help....
    1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
    61,000 Miles
    1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
    52,000 Miles
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

adjust the door striker, the bolt that holds the door to the jamb.

see if the door is sagging, and if it is give it a little tug to bend it up a bit.

if it only opens from the inside the rod that goes from the handle to the lock mechanism probably came off

Comment

well you should fist try to lube all the linkages for the locks and the lock its self too from outside of the door and from the inside og the door.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I lubed all the parts and the striker is in position. I'm guessing something has come loose inside the door. The door handle releases the door a bit but not enough to open completely. Will I have any problems removing the inside of the door to get at the parts?
        1991 Grey Grand Marquis LS Sedan
        61,000 Miles
        1998 F150 XLT 4X2 Flareside Fire Engine Red
        52,000 Miles
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hdlogistics

Comment

just don't yank too hard on the door panel, because if you do you will destroy the material that the anchors sit in. while its off to save yourself some trouble you replace the plastic anchors that fasten the panel to the door
          Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
          X