Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loveboat now driveable and good power but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update

I got the compression gauge on the stock colony park at 150 psi, so 165 doesn't sound so unrealistic now. I cleaned the IAC and adjusted the throttle stop. Then I added a Holley adjustable FPR (35-65psi) and rail mount fp gauge (0-100psi). The motor runs very smooth now and idles very much more smoothly. There is still some pinging if I get downright ridiculous (OD up superlong hills). But......My fpr only will adjust between 20-36psi and it jumps up and down as I spins the adjuster instead of going in a linear upward fashion. I would like to crank her up to at least 40 psi. I am going to call Holley today and see if I have a bad fpr or perhaps my fuel pump is getting weak.
    1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
    1991 Colony Park LS "Wally World Express" HO, 3.27 trac-lok - RIP
    1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
    1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking
    1987 Lincoln Town Car "El Presidente" - Resting for winter, gonna be a beast!
    2008 Mustang, no name - belongs to the wifey

Comment

Stock FPR should give you 30-40 psi, so an AFPR ought to be able to provide more. What pressure did you get with the stock FPR installed?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did not test with stock fpr, did not get the gauge until I bought the adjustable.
        1991 GM GS sedan "Love Boat" HO converted, Holley adjustable fpr, 3.27 Trac-lok - RIP
        1988 grand marquis ls "grey ghoul" - RIP 1992 gm ls "superbeater"- sold 1993 F350 dually 7.3 IDI crew cab flatbed "killer" - RIP
        1994.5 F350 Dually Crew Cab Flatbed, Powerstroke 7.3 "overkill" - Alive and kicking

Comment

How does that guage install, just screws onto the schraeder valve or what? I might be interested in sticking one on mine just for whiz-bang effect.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You have to buy an adapter to thread into the schrader port or buy a special for Ford unit (same gauge but comes with the adapter). You can get the gauge for about $25 and find the adapter or pay $40 for one that comes with one. I was unable to find the adapter anywhere so I got taken for $40. You relieve the system pressure and thread out the schrader valve and thread the gauge in. It's about a three minute job and it looks very cool when your done.

Comment

What a difference adjusting the TV cable makes!!!!

Since I'm not lugging every damn gear at idle, I have no more pinging. better shifts, smoother, stronger acceleration.

Comment

awesome!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                X