Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32-valve 5.0 Heads!

The Link:

I was browsing the web gathering data for my Cobra intake install when I came upon these interesting heads for the SBF's. Pretty cool! Anyone ever see something like this before for the 5.0?

You 5.0/5.8 guys may want to look into these for more power. Once you 32-valve, you never look back... :evil:

I'd love to get a close look at one of those things. I'd also like to see side by side dyno runs with thoae heads vs a set of e7 or gt40 heads on the same engine just to see what kind of power gains can be had.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
        I'd love to get a close look at one of those things. I'd also like to see side by side dyno runs with thoae heads vs a set of e7 or gt40 heads on the same engine just to see what kind of power gains can be had.
        It wouldn't be a fair match. Not apples to apples. It would be like comparing a set of Victor Jr's to E7 heads.

Comment

Compare them to a set of Roush 200 heads.
          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf
            Compare them to a set of Roush 200 heads.
            The GT-40's? Now that would be closer.

Comment

I'd have to say that a twisted wedge head would be the closest match.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                I'd have to say that a twisted wedge head would be the closest match.
                Not to the 4 valve heads.........they are talking 400cfm@.700 lift. The Twisted Wedge is closer to a AFR 165.

Comment

The 4 valve heads compare to nothing..they are just that unique!!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

are they cheaper than a blower?

Comment

Originally posted by grand_marquis_gt
                      The 4 valve heads compare to nothing..they are just that unique!!
                      In physical appearance and the necessary hardware and exhaust manifolds necessary. They still have 8 ports each to flow air in and out. What is different between heads is the volume of air and the velocity that it is flowed. They can still be grouped in with the current available options for Windsors. Area under the curve should be better than many. This is still an expensive option compared to many head choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer
                        It wouldn't be a fair match. Not apples to apples. It would be like comparing a set of Victor Jr's to E7 heads.
                        Of course it wouldn't be "fair" but I'd just be interested in seeing the performance gains of just these heads over stock on the same engine. It would be the same test I'd want to see on any head I would consider paying large amounts of money for. I want to know what my big dollar investment will do for me.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Of course it wouldn't be "fair" but I'd just be interested in seeing the performance gains of just these heads over stock on the same engine. It would be the same test I'd want to see on any head I would consider paying large amounts of money for. I want to know what my big dollar investment will do for me.
                          The point is that you can't just bolt these heads on an engine that had E7 heads and see a truly meaningful comparison. E7 heads are made for near stock engines making less than 325HP. These 4valve heads will support over 500HP. The comparison does not make sense. The cam profiles and the RPM range intended for these two heads does not allow a direct comparison. If you desire a high performance high dollar engine, then you buy the high dollar heads. If you can only afford a near stock engine, then you stick to near stock heads..... that includes thumper E7 heads.

Comment

Working...
                          X