panther 5.0 similar to mustang 5.0 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panther 5.0 similar to mustang 5.0 ?

I kno that the mustang has the HO 5.0 while we have the LOPO 5.0 , and that these engines are similar . is it the top end or bottom end of these motors that are similar ?

Bottom end mainly. The heads, cam, ECU, throttle body, exhaust manifolds, injectors, EGR spacer and intake manifold/intake are different. I mean I have Mr Gasket gaskets on my oil pan that are meant for an 87 Stang.
    Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 09-11-2008, 03:44 PM.
    -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
    -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

The upper intake, injectors, throttlebody, EGR spacer diameter, cylinder heads, pistons, waterpump rotation, are all different. The rest is the same, someone will chime in with anything I missed.
      1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Originally posted by 89LincolnTWNcar View Post
        The upper intake, injectors, throttlebody, EGR spacer diameter, cylinder heads, pistons, waterpump rotation, are all different. The rest is the same, someone will chime in with anything I missed.

Its all in the faqs too!
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
        X