The 84....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 84....

Well, I FINNALLY got a chance to work on the car today! No erands to run, nothing else going on.. it hit me, WORK on the car!!! So I got the cage mounts in, the seatbelts, and the "b" pillar trim before the "mosquito Air Force" showed up.... (They show up at dusk everyday!!)

Then a friend of mine came by and adjusted the carb float on my lawnmower... IT RUNS!!!! It hasn't been running for about 3 months... it is a real bitch to "mow" the lawn with the weed eater!!!

Anyway.. here are the pictures... tommorow the rest of the trim goes back in... then the sirens etc... then all the rest of the interior.... Getting closer!!!

Also you can see how nice the seatbelts cleaned up.. they are like brand new... The drivers side had a HUGE black grease spot right below the buckle right where you could see it when it was retracted...
    I soaked them in clothes detergent and some clorox II... set the retractors on the side of the sink, pulled the belt way out, and put clothespins on the belt to hold it out.. then let them soak in the sink... When I came back about 3 hours later... the water was a dark yellow.... I think someone used to smoke in the car... (Nicotine?) Then I scrubbed them with a scrub brush and let them dry.. they came out great!!!
    (I need to do the '91's now!)

Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

I know what you mean by "Mowing" the yard with a weedeater, I am still waiting for the flywheel for our mower to come lol.

Those mounts are pretty cool too. Can't wait to see pics of that cage in there.

The person who owned it probably did smoke, plus you leave a lot of skin and oil residue on the seatbelts when you grab them. Then by the time you clean them, there is 15+ years of oil, skin and nicotine on the belts :drunk:
    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
    Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I need to do that with my car, but I seldom have the time to really rip into it for a proper cleaning. The retractor on the driver's side also doesn't lock like it should, and I don't think the passenger side does either. Not quite sure what to do about that as junkyards won't sell seatbelts and Ford probably wants an arm and a leg for them. Someday I'll have to pull them out and see if the locking mech is just stuck and needs to be oiled or whatever.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Seatbelts...

Junk yards won't sell seatbelts??? Since when??? Where do you think I got the replacement belts that mount to the side of the seat??? Maybe they don't sell them in your state... but they do here!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
        Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

they sell them where i am, but you have to remove them yourself.

kinda sucks without airtools

i ended up stripping the torx bolts.

is there any other vehicle that has compatible seatbelts with the towncar? the one with the red interior i was trying at is crushed already.

Comment

there was a red town car? try the red marquis, it should be compatable.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

yeah it was an 85, and had 120,000 kilometers, the back window was kicked in, looked just like mine. i got alot of small parts from it. this was.. last summer or the summer before.

someone bought the engine/tranny

Comment

Can't get boneyard belts or cats here. Most other things are fair game tho. Its not the belt itself that I'm worried about, its the fact the retractor/lock system doesn't work meaning that if I get hit and actually need the protection a seatbelt offers, I don't get it. I'll be stopped by the steering wheel before the belt, and thats not good.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Used seatbelts from boneyards are a liability issue in some states. Yards don't want to be responsible for someone getting hurt when a seatbelt setup that the person bought from them failed.
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

i remeber now, thats where i got my control arm!lol, i think you can take the belts, or jus put them in ur box like me. the marquis is the only car i can think off.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                    X