trying to find braided brake line kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to find braided brake line kit

Just looking around on Jegs to see what kits are available. They have kits for pretty much all mustangs, and I'm wondering if one of these would do.

Do the mustangs use the same size fittings as us? Can someone with a mustang measure the length of their lines?

Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.
    Last edited by pseudoboyfriend; 07-27-2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: Add link to jegs page

nope mustang hoses are completely different
    only way to get braided hoses is to do a big brake/rear disc conversion

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I think Blaze86Vic found some stainless lines that fit up front from a Toyota or something wierd, but I believe that may have been on his big brake swap.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
        nope mustang hoses are completely different

How so? I wouldn't think there would be that many variations in the banjo fitting at the caliper, and especially not in the 3/16" inverted flare fitting on the inlet end.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Mustang line:

Vic line:

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ah. So it's more of a "it won't work because part of the hose is hard-plumbed from steel and bent into a funny shape" sort of thing. I had no idea any brake hoses were constructed in that manner. Still looks (to my inexperienced eye) like the ends may be the same ....
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Uh, length is gonna be different too. They are completely different beasts. Some local shops can make you custom lines.
              Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

and fox mustang hoses have a threaded fitting that the hose screws right to the caliper

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

try Inline Tube for braided brake hoses for the Grand Marq.
                  Inline Tube is the largest manufacturer of automotive preformed replacement brake lines and fuel lines with an extensive catalog of award winning restoration parts. From disc brake conversions to DIY kits, trust in the industry leading experts. Order online today!

I just got new hoses for my 72 Ford.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by luddite; 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM. Reason: can't spell for #$%$^#$

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                    and fox mustang hoses have a threaded fitting that the hose screws right to the caliper
                    only for '79-86 all and '87-93 4cyl cars with the baby brakes (left):

'87-93 v8 cars uses the same pads, calipers and rotor size (rotor itself wont interchange, but the measure the same diameter)
                    LTD is still here

Comment

Working...
                    X