removing rear seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

removing rear seat

does the lower part just pop out or what??
    do you pull out, then lift up???

any tricks to re-install???
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

yes.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I believe that you have to push down, then back to remove it. There should be two hooks underneath. Install should be the reverse. I'm not 100% sure.

------------------
      Justin

Comment

to remove the rear seats
        push in hard on the lower seat bottoms........this releases the frame from the clips on the body
        the rear upper can be a pita........you need a t 55 socket or three, a can of blaster, a breaker bar lots of patience........careful not to round out the torx bolts, and dont bust a nut! two little tin straps hold the seat to the car at the bottom along with the seatbelts. then lift up on the rear seat and pull it out
        good luck!
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

T55!!! I thought it was T50... Ill have to upgrade my tool supply!
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I think it is T50...

You just have to remove the outer 2 with the metal straps like scott said.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

it might be a t50 i sawry

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Good luck gettin em out. Just ask Scott about the ones in my Vic! I ended up cutting the damn metal tab, couldn't get the bolt out on one side. He worked up a sweat that day I think, heh.
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

one of my doors wouldnt open when i first got my car, so i had to take out the rear seat to get the door panel off.... the selt belts were long enough that i could get it out of the way without pullin the belts. so if the seat doesnt have to leave the car completely, dont mess with the belts.

grand_marquis_gt: "Wow dude, you got the GMGT sedan!"

there, now im cool too

Comment

ok so I got the bolts out no prob, no lube needed

BUT I cant seem to get the bottom of the seat to sit all the way down, like its not locked in. I ment to ask for assistance at Scottfest but my back seat was so full o f stuff I didnt think about, I guess cuz I didnt see it floppin'.

I tried pushing down and back, pushing down and pulling, but it allways leaves it just a little bit loose on the edges.

How'd you guys snap yours back in???
                    sigpic

Comment

i had a big fat chick sit on mine, but then i needed new shocks
                      Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Push real hard. You may bust a nut doing it
                        1989 Grand Marquis LS
                        flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I literally beat the piss out of mine 'til it went back in...

"If I owned Texas and Hell, I would rent Texas and live in Hell."
                          -Gen. Philip Henry Sheridan

Comment

Make sure the hook on the bottom of the seat goes into the C shaped thing sticking up off the floor. Unless that bar sits in the C on both sides, it won't stay in place. Also might want to make sure the ears on that thing aren't bent up. Mine were bent up a bit and the seat didn't sit firmly down.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

lol - the hooks are definitly in, Ill try bending them down a little. I sat down on both sides and did some serious thrusting but to no avail
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X