No announcement yet.

WTF is it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just unplug it and install regular shocks. No special BS to deal with. There is an adapter to couple the aftermarket shocks to the stock compressor lines but if you don't want to deal with it, you won't harm anything by removing it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone. I'm going to inspect the new fender liner and see if I can keep the pump while installing the new airbox and if I can, I'll stick with it and hit ya'll up for the adapter part number, but either way, I appreciate all the information.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

i wonder how difficult it would be to put this setup into my wagon..
        does i need a special wiring or a control unit?
        Living in a Box

Comment

there is a ride height sensor, an air compressor and a control module for it, along with the wiring to connect it all. On 87+ models. the sensor is in the back, right above the axle, brain is in the trunk, and the compressor up under the hood. I have no clue where it would be on a wagon, or if it was ever an option. Probably if it was, the controller would be in the back near the spare tire. You could wire it in, its not overly complex but I'd suggest having an EVTM to look at for the wiring information since you'll probably have to make up your own wiring harness.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Chris, it would be a total pain to install a complete stock auto-leveling system, but you should be able to easily wire it up to a manual switch so you can lift or lower the car as you please.

Comment

yeah it would be a pain in the ass to do, no doubt about it. Not impossible, but probably not practical. Manual control using a stock compressor and standard aftermarket air shocks would be pretty simple though. I've actually considered modding mine to allow for manual or automatic control.

Comment

yes it was an option on the wagons

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

AAAAAAHH!! Dirty engine bay!!! -gouges eyes out and falls out of chair-
                  Sorry, im feeling creative tonight. I think im going to go build something. Good luck with the pump....thingy.

my cardomain page is http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2944469

Comment

Working...
                  X