Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barry Grant DEMON!!!
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

Infinite adjustability is nice for people who don't mind dicking around with thier carbs all the time. Webber/Carter/Edelbrocks are nice for people like me who prefer the set it and forget it method of carb tuning. No, they don't perform the best, but they are probably more consistant and easy to tune than a finicky ass Holley.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

UPDATE:

After dicking with the mixture screws and getting the same results, I said "fuck it" and screwed them all the way in and started from scratch. I also readjusted the accel. linkage. The problem may or may not still exist. I got sick of fucking with this thing and hung it up for the night. Also, the brand new Crane Cams electronic breakerless ignition is starting to fuck up. When I am driving around, suddenly the car starts to buck, and the tach needle goes fucking bananas. If I give it a little more gas, it goes away, then promptly comes back. I unhooked the vac line to the distributor, and lo and behold, the problem went away. Cept when I am sitting still, the tach needle jumps rythmically for some reason. What a waste of $80. Thank you very much Summit Racing.
        Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
        Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Disconnect the tach and see if the problem goes away. I've seen them short out and do similar things. I also had a coil tower crack on my boat and it would arc over to the primary side of the coil making the tach go all stupid like that. Fire it up when its dark and see if you can see it arc.

How exactly is your ignition system hooked up? And are you using the proper coil?
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The electronic ignition requires a points coil, so that is what I am using. The hot wire to the coil runs to where the origional wire for the EEC coil went. I am also using a resistor wire, since this coil requires one.
            Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
            Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Where is the ballast resistor, on the + side or the - lead? If I remember right, it should be on the + side, but I have seen resistor wire leads on the - breaker point side. Also should be about 9v from the + side of the coil to ground if memory serves.

Comment

It's on teh + side. I checked for 9V before, got around 9V.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

Well, in theory it should be fine then. Usually those electronic replacement things are pretty tough, but I guess once in a while a bad one gets through. I had one on my VW and loved it, but I kept a set of points and a matchbook in the glove box just in case. If you want to be sure it is the electronic ignition, just stuff a set of points and a condensor in there and see what she does.

Comment

I was going to do to do that tomorrow. Luckily I happen to have a set of points in my trunk.
                    Pebbles-1968 Ford F250

Comment

oh yeah, i found something that might be of interest to us 2150 guys

Also, check for vac leaks at teh base of teh carb!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

this is good info...

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                        X