Throttle body elbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle body elbows

Just wondering why none of the SEFI guys seem to be gravitating toward one of these guys. Aside from looking trick, it seems they'd add all sorts of flexibility to the installation. I know they're more for high-RPM use, but you know .... especially since the likes of the EDL-2921 Victor Jr. do appear to come with cast-in injector bosses. Just seems like something I'd personally be considering if I needed a high-RPM fuelie motor.

Summit Racing linky:

Last edited by 1987cp; 06-13-2008, 08:00 PM.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

meant for HO engines and would be backwards on a panther install unless adapted to be fitted like a mustang or what not.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

doesn't stop Panther owners from installing stock HO uppers facing the port side ...... Besides, these claim that they can be installed facing any direction, even forward if you have a Chevy ...

Comment

Still doesn't fix the location of the holes for the brackets. No matter how you rotate it around. Rotating an HO upper is not the same as flipping that elbow around, because of the EGR spacer being the mounting bracket for the linkages.

With some fab work it'd probably work OK.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

It would not be hot rodding if it was easy.
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I'd assumed a small amount of fab work would be required on the throttle brackets no matter what, since it's not clear to me that a stock-compatible mounting location is provided at all. I'm not really accustomed to that junk just bolting up on my cars, anyway, between the carb spacers and C4 kickdown bracket ....

Comment

The H.O. upper swaps I have done? I simply drilled and tapped into the H.O. EGR spacers, to attach the brackets.

Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
              X