Valve Cover Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea works great!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

i have had our cars apart after a fuel injection service was performed. trust me... seafoam wets the stuff down in the engine, but doesnt have a chance against breaking down 20 year old carbon buildup in an engine. best bet is to manually clean it and use seafoam regularly to keep the buildup from occuring.
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
        i have had our cars apart after a fuel injection service was performed. trust me... seafoam wets the stuff down in the engine, but doesnt have a chance against breaking down 20 year old carbon buildup in an engine. best bet is to manually clean it and use seafoam regularly to keep the buildup from occuring.
        Even if you run it right through into the intake? If it's not breaking carbon down, why does everybody say it smokes like a mother when you're doing it?
        Originally posted by gadget73
        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

the smoke is from the seafoam being burned out... just like if you were to have antifreeze getting in combustion chamber or oil you would see the smoke from that being burned up. cleaning it manually the way i do it, the car hesitates to start from the crap in it, and it blows out a black smoke from the carbon i cleaned that ends up in the combustion chamber. you get a much better smoke show by cleaning it by hand instead of regular seafoaming. just make sure you do an oil change after and do the manual cleaning before an oil change.
          Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 05-27-2008, 06:10 PM.
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
            should have cleaned all the crap from inside the upper intake and cleaned out as much as possible from the lower you could get. should have removed the IAC and cleaned it up real good too since you had it apart. cleaning the carbon junk out manually is better than using seafoam or injection crap. i have noticed a difference in Donna's(jelybean) and her sons brown Grand Marq. here are pics of how it looked and after... i used carb cleaner and a small metal type toothbrush to clean the stuff up nice. if you guys think seafoam treatments made smoke... clean the intake this way and it really cleans it out....
            I cleaned the IAC and the throttle body with carb cleaner and throttle body cleaner (I think it is weaker carb cleaner). I also replaced most of the PCV assembly. I didn't touch the lower intake because I wasn't sure if I wanted to scrape that junk into the combustion chambers. All I had was a metal brush to do the job. In any event the car runs a little smoother, but I had already cleaned the IAC and throttle body twice last year, so the difference was negligible. The only thing that I noticed was that the last intake hole (nearest to the firewall) was dry. I don't have the troubleshooting skills to know what is going there.

Packman

Comment

Working...
            X