how much to bore my engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Hm.... maybe I was remembering wrong, then, maybe it was more like 420ci or so. Does look like you'd need a 4.28" bore to make 460ci with a 4" stroke. Do you happen to know how far over fancy aftermarket blocks can go?
    4.185" capability (.060 over) with the current round of aftermarket 4.125"-bore 351W blocks out there...but there isn't any need to go that far, short of bragging rights. However, if one wants a 460 Ford in something other than 385 trim, I believe I have a link to one based on the Cleveland in my race forum...

Comment

454 cu. in.
      FRPP Block
      4.125" Bore
      4.25" Stroke

You can get 4.17 and 4.25 stroke cranks for a Cleveland too. Probe makes a 4.25" Cleveland crank for example...... That has to be major block sleeve work to get any "Cleveland" 1/8" over....

Comment

the new boiss 302 can be bored .125 over, when are they gonna make a new boss 351...?
        '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

Welcome to the 80s...
          They already make a 351 block..... You can get it in a Cleveland or a Windsor deck height.....
          The original Boss 351 block was a pile of shit........ Thin walls, piss poor oiling.....etc.. No reason to make another one like that.
          The Boss 302 on the other hand was intended for actual racing.....

Comment

Working...
          X