No announcement yet.

how much does a 88 vic weigh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's FoMoCo, mang...you can't expect any type of consistency whatsoever...lol

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

here:

You can get the weight as it left the factory based on the optional trim and equipment on the car.

Theres this thread from a while back that compared our different cars. 4 door SEFI cars are in the 3800 lb area for the most part.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

3800-4200 with you in it.
        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

my 88 MGM was 3880 lbs with a half tank of fuel and no driver.
          2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

From what I have seen in teh yards, and read online, Aluminum Bumpers started in 84 on Wagons only, and went all the way to 91. Some 88-91 MGM and LTD CV Sedan's got them as well, but it's pretty much inconsistent as to which ones got them. Never seen or heard of any 79-87 Sedan or Coupe that had them from the factory.

My 87 Weighed in at 4,235lbs on teh scales, that was with me in it, and a 1/4 tank of gas. I weigh 220lbs, so that means it was around 4,015lbs empty. That number will only rise as I add more Luxury features into it.

Comment

I am sure some are less due to weight loss from rust!

2000 Grand Marquis LS
              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
              Mercury Owners Group member
              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

your car is probably really heavy ray

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Especially with my fat rear in the drivers seat...
                  2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by 85MercPark View Post
                    I am sure some are less due to weight loss from rust!

Yep, mine is equipped with the special order iron oxide weight reduction package...

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                      Yep, mine is equipped with the special order iron oxide weight reduction package...
                      I read somewhere that rusted metal weighs more than non-rusted.
                      Nick
                      88 Colony Park LS
                      G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                      Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
                        I read somewhere that rusted metal weighs more than non-rusted.
                        Until it falls off of course...
                        2000 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Originally posted by mercuryhead View Post
                          I think he also mentioned the S/Ws also had aluminums even before '90....
                          Yep, 11 years before. The original front bumper cores from both my '87 wagon and the '79 wagon I no longer have were aluminum. The complete '79 front bumper is going on the '81 sedan once it's cleaned up, and then I plan to shop for an aluminum rear bumper core because that one's stupid heavy as well.

Funny to me about wagons weighing well over 2 tons ... the two times I've had the Colony Park on the scale at a waste transfer station it's weighed in at something like 4050 pounds. Granted, I don't know if the calibration of that particular scale was anywhere near accurate ... though according to the Motorcraft VIN lookup site the weight was extremely close. Anyone remember that thread called something like "How much does your car weigh?"

Lookup Linky: http://www.motorcraft.com/catalog.do?goto=vin
                          Last edited by 1987cp; 04-22-2008, 04:59 PM.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                          X