trick flow twisted wedge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trick flow twisted wedge

has anyone ever installed a set of these heads on a stock lopo 302? are there clearance issues? its supposed to clear the flat top pistons. just wondering if anyone has used these. lots of people reccomend them, but none have installed them.
    What happened here?

Probably not a good idea with a stock lopo bottom end.

They also won't do you a terrible amount of good with the stock cam either. Thos heads love to BREATHE!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

it would be pointless.. all or nothing!

reason being is the stock upper intake and throttle body couldn't provide what the heads would need. if you free up the top end ONLY you will still be restricted by the heads, if you free up the heads ONLY you will be restricted by the intake/TB. if you do both you will be restricted by the camshaft etc etc.
      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

I was just curious to see if they actually would clear the stock pistons. I wasnt looking to make an insane amount of power. they say that they clear flat top pistons, so I was just wondering if they really did for our cars.
        What happened here?

Comment

I'm looking for any information that anyone has with these heads. there just isnt enough info on them around.
          What happened here?

Comment

no clearance issues with twisted wedge heads and lopo pistons.....some stang guys prefer lopo shortblocks with the tw heads......i was gonna buy a shortblock once that was running tw heads and an e cam and a 100 shot.......high 11's in a mustang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

hmmm. that always good to know, i guess that answers my question. what cam profile would match these heads? again, not looking for tons of power, just a little more than what i've got.
              What happened here?

Comment

HO cam......

Comment

anything greater than the factory HO cam you should check piston to valve clearance.
                  Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

thanks for the quick replies! that pretty much answers all of my questions. it doesnt look like these heads are in the cars future anytime soon.
                    What happened here?

Comment

Working...
                    X