No announcement yet.

Never seen this speedo in a crownvic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they have 55 specified on it somehow?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Not mine...
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Odd...I figured that had to be there since pretty much all speedometers from the era of the national speed limit have 55 circled, or its hash mark in a different color, or something...guess you learn something new every day.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

No double nickle on mine. Don't forget, my car is from the nineties...

I happen to like the speedo in alot of GM vehciles. It usually goes by 10's, from 0, and they are usually round. Much nicer, IMO.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Yeah, I know, but I've seen vehicles from the '90s that still had it. Dunno when they repealed the national speed limit.

Comment

Is that why the 55 is marked? Lol, I thought it has to do something with fuel economy, you know, how air resistance goes really up above that speed. I kinda like mine being painted red tho, it coincides directly with my max torque in OD with the converter locked up

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic View Post
                That is very opposite. 351 was only available as special order or as police option in the US. 5.0L was the default engine.
                Oreally? Thank you....I was wondering all this time why Vicky had the 5.0, I just figured that the cops were too cheep to opt for the 351....Guess I was sorta right
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                  Is that why the 55 is marked? Lol, I thought it has to do something with fuel economy, you know, how air resistance goes really up above that speed. I kinda like mine being painted red tho, it coincides directly with my max torque in OD with the converter locked up
                  Mine had the 55 circled because that was the highway speed limit where the cars were cruising at that time.....

It's a nice car but I doubt the guys gonna get 4,500 for it...
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                    Well, the two are related. The 55 mph federal speed limit was imposed because that happens to be where most cars get their best fuel economy. It came about following the early 70s gas crisis. I think there was also federal mandates that required the 55 marking on the speedo and a max speed of 85. Not sure when that went into effect though.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Interesting.

Sexy-looking car .... though the seller does raise a few red flags, what with his over-willingness to spend $$$ and bizarro comments like the high-flow Mustang air cleaner when the pics show a regular single snorkel jobbie. Also seems retarded he'd spend that much on it and leave it with an oil leak and broken door lock. I think this guy might be related to 97marquismuscle .....
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

someday i'll own a POS, maybe even build my own POS wagon...
                        '88 Colony Park, white with wood grain contact paper, K code axle, hose pliers on heater hoses, factory duals, big plans in the future...

'83 Toyota 4x4, 31x10.50 15, could use a new carb, custom humidifying holes in the roof, mud based paint...

Comment

Working...
                        X