Never seen this speedo in a crownvic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never seen this speedo in a crownvic?

Check this bad ass car out!!! I never knew there was a 135 m.ph. speedometer? http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e=&cardist=227

Weird. Looks like the 140 hash mark is there, but the "140" is not. Gay vanity plate BTW.

Comment

That's a 140mph speedometer with the "140" wiped off the face.

Comment

Here's what the guy said when explaining the car.

"an unusual 135 MPH speedometer (1988 model only, slightly out of calibration due to shorter 3.55 gears"

Comment

It also doesn't have horizontal line across the hatch marks.

Comment

It is a rather nice car though, I would take it......But did ford call them police Interceptors? Or are the 351 police models called that? we call Vicky a Police Cruiser because she has a 5.0 and not the 351.
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

They were not officially called police interceptors until later I believe. However, I have seen some 88+ Panthers with "Police Interceptor" decals in the rear door quarter windows.

Comment

It looks nice from the outside but the interior is showing it's age
                sigpic[LIST][*]99 Crown Vic Police Interceptor aka The Cruiser
                [*]87 Chevy 20 Van 350TBI
                [*]94 Mercury Grand Marquis aka Babyblue RIP
                [*]83 Chrysler New Yorker 5th Ave 318 V8

Comment

Originally posted by capridrifter View Post
                  we call Vicky a Police Cruiser because she has a 5.0 and not the 351.
                  That is very opposite. 351 was only available as special order or as police option in the US. 5.0L was the default engine.
                  Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 04-05-2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

"Rebuilt" motor which leaks oil.......

Comment

The speedo is missing 0 and 140...

That was on ebay before...
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

no zero? how do you know if you've stopped?!
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          no zero? how do you know if you've stopped?!
                          I happen to like the zero... alot. My Dad's P71 doesn't even go below 10 MPH (I've noticed this in other newer Fords too), and its a certified speedo. To me, thats just a little goofy.

Anyways, the '90-'91 Speedo was absolutely, without a doubt, far better than the earlier ones. Who count's by 10's, starting from 5?
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                            Anyways, the '90-'91 Speedo was absolutely, without a doubt, far better than the earlier ones. Who count's by 10's, starting from 5?
                            The '90-'91 speedo goes 0, 10, 20, etc.?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yessum... I like it much better; and the speedometer/ odometer gears are absolutely wonderful...

Comment

Working...
                              X