4 barell intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 barell intake

i need a new intake for the carb im going to get, im wanting to get a 4 barrel carb, what would be a cheap intake for that. ive got the 351w in an 85 vic

I bought a 4 bbl intake off of eBay, made by Professional Products. It's a cheap Chinese job, but the quality seems decent. They're around 135 brand new, IIRC.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

i have a edelbrock performer 351w i'll sell its used but it worked great when i junked the car it was on
      ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
      ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

how much are you asking? and is it dual plane?and do you have any pictures?

Comment

yes its a duel plane low rise and i can get some pics tomarrow and 75$ and its yours
          ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
          ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

my cousin tryed to paint it chrome so it looks kinda bad but a good bead blast and it'll be great

Comment

another question... i was told that you cant put a 4 bbl carb onto a car with an AOD because of the kick down cable. is there a way to make it work?

Comment

Yes. Lokar makes an AOD TV cable that makes the AOD play nice with a 4 bbl carb. Or you could play around with a factory cable kickdown.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Or you could play around with a factory cable kickdown.
                  And have the transmission screw up... If you don't understand how to set the kick down up, you can fry your transmission in VARY short order... If your not sure, have the car TOWED to a good transmission shop and have them set it up... Or else you will burn it up!

(Like in a couple of miles!)

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
                  Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
                    And have the transmission screw up... If you don't understand how to set the kick down up, you can fry your transmission in VARY short order... If your not sure, have the car TOWED to a good transmission shop and have them set it up... Or else you will burn it up!

(Like in a couple of miles!)

Yes... I am totally aware of that. But, I can speak from experience; and do you know why that is? Because I've done it, and it works absolutely fine. In fact, I actually chose to retain the factory cable over swapping in the Lokar setup that I have.
                    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by chris_russell11_13 View Post
                      another question... i was told that you cant put a 4 bbl carb onto a car with an AOD because of the kick down cable. is there a way to make it work?
                      Do some poor chaps out there actually think that? That's seriously too bad ... we've got guys making it work great with both Edelbrock and Holley carburetors. I personally wimped out and got a Lokar kit so I wouldn't have a lot of worries once the basic adjustments are made.

BTW, that Performer 351 is a great piece for under-6000rpm running, and a steal and Bowmang's price. Go for it!
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I understand keeping the stock setup, but I don't think from the sound of it, he knows excactly how to set it up... and if you don't know how... you could screw up the transmission in short order... I think I stated that IF he didn't know how to set up the kick down to have it taken to a shop that could do it... So he wouldn't screw up his transmission... I didn't say he HAD to use a Lokar kit... Or any other set up... I am going thru this right now... And would rather not use the Lokar kit myself... So we are going to try to make it work with the factory rod style kick down, after lengthing it to make it work, so it will look stock... But my Trans guy is doing it, to make sure it is right...

IF he tried it on his own, and didn't do it right, and his transmission went out.... What kind of answer would you have then? Oh well? He shouldn't have tried to fix it himself? We are TRYING to help someone, not make it worse.... I just didn't want him to mess up the transmission if possible...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Originally posted by trwp72 View Post
                          I understand keeping the stock setup, but I don't think from the sound of it, he knows excactly how to set it up... and if you don't know how... you could screw up the transmission in short order... I think I stated that IF he didn't know how to set up the kick down to have it taken to a shop that could do it... So he wouldn't screw up his transmission... I didn't say he HAD to use a Lokar kit... Or any other set up... I am going thru this right now... And would rather not use the Lokar kit myself... So we are going to try to make it work with the factory rod style kick down, after lengthing it to make it work, so it will look stock... But my Trans guy is doing it, to make sure it is right...

IF he tried it on his own, and didn't do it right, and his transmission went out.... What kind of answer would you have then? Oh well? He shouldn't have tried to fix it himself? We are TRYING to help someone, not make it worse.... I just didn't want him to mess up the transmission if possible...
                          In understand that. But, for my swap, I didn't have to adjust the TV pressure between my VV, and the new Eddy 1406. I was really concerned that it would be off, but when I got in and took it for a drive, everything seemed to be just like it was with the VV. Eventually I made an adjustment to the bracket and geometry, which required me to adjust the TV pressure.

I was actually concerned about using the Lokar kit myself. I didn't want to have the pressure to low and cause damage. Had I used it, my plan would have been to set the pressure high (or where I though it would be high), and then back it down as I saw necessary.

Comment

P72Ford....
                            READ WHAT I AM SAYING... This isn't about YOUR car... It is about helping someone that probably doesn't understand HOW to do what you did with your car.... We know that you know what your doing on YOUR car... We are trying to help someone out that maybe doesn't understand as much about this as we do... He may get your jest of how to extend the kick down... But he probably doesn't understand WHERE to set it at.... So I mentioned getting someone to set it for him... chris_russell11_13, I hope you understand what I am saying... And I hope this helps you out... And keeps you from frying your transmission... They are not cheap to rebuiild......

GEEZ!!! OK, thats all I will say on this subject....

Comment

Damn, what the fuck? You're taking this way to seriously; obviously it isn't about my car, I didn't create the thread! I'm just saying that it is hardly a big deal to reuse the stock cable.

I'm not trying to disagree or start crap here; you must be reading my posts the wrong way or something. Reusing the stock cable is just as viable an option as using the Lokar one. Its not like I have some magical powers or something; I knew nothing about setting up the TV cable either. Its not that serious. The transmissions are expensive to rebuild, yes. But, you're goin to spend an assload of money to have some "professional" at a shop set up the cable. Plus, you have to tow the car there to have it installed. Its much easier to do it yourself; set the pressure a little high (better than low), and take it for a spin. The cable install is very straight forward; its not rocket science in the least. Don't insult this person's intelligence by making them think they don't have the skill to install it and set it up. If you can read directions, you can install it; end of story.

Comment

Working...
                              X