strange miss around 3k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strange miss around 3k

My car seems to have a miss fire when I get on it to pass someone. Seems to happens around 3K, not noticable at any other time. any ideas?
    Resident diesel addict

Lousy memory. What kind of car?
    Originally posted by gadget73
    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I guess I should have shared that, it's a 1988 Crown Vic.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

when was the last time the basic plugs/wires/cap/rotor type stuff was done?

I had similar problems with mine, turned out to be the egr regulator sticking. See if maybe unplugging the green vacuum line from the egr valve makes any change in how it acts.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Will do Gadget, as always the help is much appreciated!

As for Plugs, Wires, cap, rotor. I know the cap and rotor were replaced right before I got the car and the guy I got it from said the plugs and wires had been done as well in the time he owned it which was only a little over a year. All that was my first guess, and I'll more then likely end up doing it all just for peace of mind down the road.
          Last edited by FastGallopingPonies; 03-17-2008, 09:24 PM.
          Resident diesel addict

Comment

I see your '88 is a P72...302 or 351?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
            X