throttle valve bushing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle valve bushing

hi, so i have been trollng your forumn for quite some time now. my car is an 89 cv lx. my question is about this tv bushing ive been reading so much about. at my last fill up i calculated only aprox 12.5 mpg. and sometimes when in 2nd(i think) i have to almost floor it to accel at a good pace. i picked up new wires, plugs, rotor, cap, and a f filter today, since its prolly long overdue for any kind of a tune up. i tried to get a new tv bushing but the only parts store who knew what the hell i was talking about was out of the nylon ones. (they all thought i was retarted for asking for a brass one, one guy told me i might be able to get a copper one but he didnt know)

anyway, i checked it out just not too long ago, comparing it to pics i found on this site from a lincoln mark series. to me it looks like the bushing is not even there. its hard to describe w/ out a pic but there is a space between the plastic black square and where the metal thing or whatev hooks to it(where the bushing should be.) there is a white "cap" on top of the metal. if any of that makes sense to anyone. so im thinking something is wrong here. the thing is, i have put over 3,000 miles on my car since i bought it, and everyone says it will burn up my trans if the bushing is gone. so whats goin on here? i will try n take ea pic tomorrow since i suck at describing what i am looking at. any insight greatly appreciated! thanks.

If the TV bushing is missing, DO NOT DRIVE IT!!!!!! You've heard right, driving the car without that bushing will destroy the trans, and quickly.

The brass TV bushing is something you'll have to get at your friendly local Ford dealer. Go to the parts counter and ask for one of the following part number: F3SZ-7H303-B

Should be like 5 or 6 bucks. Undoubtedly more expensive than the plastic version, but it lasts forever.

Hope this helps!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

They might tell you there is no such part. They come in packs of 4, and that package might be some other number. Its actually a service part for southern cars to correct a high fail rate of the plastic bushings in hotter climates.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was able to buy just one, though now that I think about it, I think they had a bag of 'em that may have had about four of 'em in it.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

white "cap"

that white "cap" sounds a lot like the top of the nylon/plastic grommet to me .take off the air cleaner assembly (if you didn't already) for a good look cause it really blocks the view. i wouldn't think the car would shift more than a few shifts before your tranny totally burned out it it was actually missing. and check cable adjustment as being out of adjustment sure made mine shift like shit.
          s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/brokebill/
          "Ain't we gonna bury him ?"
          "Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."
          ----outlaw josey wales
          (88 LTD Crown Vic LX-Ruby)

Comment

walk to any decent transmission shop and they'll sell you a single bushing, probably include the clip to hold it all together too. Bought one at my local shop awhile back for $7.50

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Working...
            X