Cam/Lifter Install 50% Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good to hear!

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
      As for Mercracer the thing was'nt a typo, I was looking at the box and double check,
      I actually meant the specs for the Factory 351HO cam. I have found errors in factory Ford literature including printed copies of the Ford Master Parts Catalog.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
        I actually meant the specs for the Factory 351HO cam. I have found errors in factory Ford literature including printed copies of the Ford Master Parts Catalog.
        What are the true specs of the 351HO cam? Is this the Lightning application, or something from further in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
          What are the true specs of the 351HO cam? Is this the Lightning application, or something from further in the past?
          The Lightning used a early 70s car cam. The HO used a different grind. From what I can find so far, the HO specs were close to the Hi-Tech cam.

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
            Well, as for you Tom, no one else has been betting on this...BUT if ya want to, ye can wire me the $$$ r/n......As for Mercracer the thing was'nt a typo, I was looking at the box and double check, altho I DO appreciate your allowance to mistakes and trying to help correct as so.....Going tommorrow to echange the 4 roller lifters for the flat tappets and then I can have the car back together....Also another Plus is that my insurance dropped like $40 so more $$$ can be put on the damn car.......And as before, I really appreciate/Thank MercRacer for his help....

Thanks-

-Wes
            I put my money where my mouth is.

Into my car, with real worthwhile mods.

Don't you have votes for this month's POTM to solicit? Yeah, that's what I thought. Bring it.
            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

ok children, fight nice.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did more prep to the head today, cleaned it, traded the rogue lifters out for ones I can use...Now monday should be the Coup De Tat.......We shall see....
                sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

Working...
                X