motorcraft spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorcraft spark plugs

does anyone know if they are still made in the usa?
    it seems that autolite spark plugs are made in china now a set i picked up a few months ago that were on the shelf, those are made in the usa........i dont know how long ago this happened, i just happened to see the boxes from gadgets new spark plugs yesterday.....i'll buy motorcrafts if there are made in the usa or canada.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

I think I still have empty box for motorcraft plugs in garage somewhere I will look

Comment

I've always liked autolites, but I have heard several complaints about them recently. I know that they have been acquired by Honeywell recenetly (last two years or so). I also believe that FRAM, Prestone, and Bendix are owned by Honeywell. They may have moved production elsewhere to improve profits, etc. Unfortunately it sounds like the quality went with the production move. Honeywell is involved in all kinds of production; from the aircraft industry (jet engine components) to home appliances (heaters, etc), to special materials.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Really? That sucks, the last set of autolites I threw in were in the wagon back in feb. I am going to be doing a tune up on my jeep herer in the next week or so, I might have to look into a different plug then. hmm
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

I always thought Motorcraft plugs were re-badged Autolites, so they might be Chineese too now.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i bought a set of motorcrafts a month ago from the dealership. 18 bux

Comment

I have accels dont know where they are made but its the plug World reccommended with the heads.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
              My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

I priced out autolites a while ago at work, and they wanted $9 a plug from napa. Dealership plugs were even more. After seeing what happened to Johnnie's engine when one of his autolites failed, I dont think I would use them. Never looked where my NGK's were made.
                sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

you canadians are getting hosed! why are auto parts 2-4x as much up there?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Nine bucks? you can get Denso iridium plugs for 8 bucks I think..damn talk about rip off
                    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

no clue. We are hosers after all. I wonder why Autolite would have switch its country of manufacture.
                      sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
                      Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
                      Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
                      1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

cheap labor
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

What about Champions.? From a quick research, it seems they are owned by Federal Mogul, might still be made in the USA, but I havn't checked the packaging yet. Under $2 each for the coppers. I've been using them in mine for years, no problems.

As for you Canadians, maybe ya'll could see if some of us can ship them to you. $17 here for a set of coppers, $10 shipping & handling snail mail, so for $27 (rough estimate) you could have a set of plugs. Beats paying $72 for a set. Dunno if customs would have a cow over it or not, being that it's such a small package. Wouldn't hurt to do a trial run.
                          1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                          1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                          1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

autolites at walmart are 2 bucks a pair.
                            Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
                              autolites at walmart are 2 bucks a pair.
                              but they are made in china

Comment

Working...
                              X