O2 Sensor Wires Too Short with Mustang H-Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O2 Sensor Wires Too Short with Mustang H-Pipe

Any suggestions? I ripped the harness wrapper on the passenger side and got it to connect, but I can't get the driver side to mate up. At best I have about 3" of space but then the wires are laying against the header, which is sure to cause problems.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Holy crap, how long have you been here? Either get extenders(or do it yourself) or mustang o2 sensors (have longer leads)
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I'm using Mustang sensors. I'd forgotten all about the extensions, but found them shortly after I made the post. $32 for a pair through Summit and $90 for a pair through eBay. Let's see... haha!
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

Cheaper from Summit than eBay? Wow, that's exactly opposite what I would've expected.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Wierd, mustang sensors should work. Must have gotten short ones.
          Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Must have. It's no big deal. The local Mustang shop told me to take old O2 sensors and manually lengthen the ones I have, but I'm not about to touch that. I'll just order the sensors and wait.

Comment

I just cut soe off a car in a junk yard and fixed them up so i coud just plug them into the existing ones. Cost 2 bucks
              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
                Wierd, mustang sensors should work. Must have gotten short ones.
                He got the short sensors, most parts-store computer systems I have ran across mistakenly put the short CV sensors into the Mustang database, I have almost always had to make sure the long units were the ones being selected.

Comment

After talking to Scott I'm gonna try to lengthen the ones I bought. First I'm gonna call the parts store and see if I can swap them, but they usually carry a no replacement deal on electronics.

Comment

I did a little research.

Bosh part number:
                    13953 has a 16.5" harness
                    13942 has a 8.5" harness

Comment

are they both to short? cuz when i did mine one side was way to short and the other wasnt.. if not you could maybe lightly tug the set of cables over more and get away with only buying/lengthening one..

I also ran into the problem of wires touching my header collector no matter what position i tried moving them. im pretty sure some heat tape and time will fix this though.

edit: duh..... yea i read you already got one to connect. just lengthen one or both its easy
                      Last edited by cld783; 12-07-2007, 06:43 PM.
                      Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

I'm not comfortable with how tight it is on the passenger side, either. The driver side won't connect at all. I'm gonna try to swap the sensors, but I doubt they'll do it for me. We'll see what happens.

Comment

I've had to extend sensors before. Last time I did it, I cut the plug off the original sensor right near the sensor itself. On the new one, I whacked it right at the plug, and then just connected it together. Solder and shrink tube, or crimpies and shrink tube, whichever you prefer.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

We'll see how it goes. Lots to get done, possible slight change of course.

Comment

Working...
                            X