oil in breather!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil in breather!!

ok just realized on my 4 door that the breather has oil in it from the tube that comes from the valve cover, there is a pretty good amount of it to, and the valvecover around that tube is soaked it oil as well, anyone know why it might be doing this?

the merc does that too, been doing it for years every month i have to take the little filter and drain it and i replace the filter with filt material i have.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

check your pcv system and make sure its working properly. The grommet on the valve cover cap, and the rubber gasket under it also need to be there and in decent shape. I think those early types also had some sort of a steel mesh inside the cap. Might want to flush that out with carb cleaner. If that doesn't help, most likely its blowby from the engine being worn out.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

well the pcv valve is disconeted, it was causing a major vacuume leak so i took the hoze off that went to the carb plate, and pluged it

Comment

That would be the problem. Fix the PCv.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok thx man

Comment

Working...
            X