My driver's door handle broken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My driver's door handle broken!

yesterday, my drivers door's handle got broke, no way to open the driver's door, so I would have to open the passenger's door and release the driver's door.!

My lincoln's door panel is one of the hardest to take it off?? is that true? there about 4 or 5 screws under the door panel to release it??

I wondering, how hard to connect the cord or something to the door's handle back together? easy? I've never tried it before. Hmm...should get a new door handle from ebay? maybe never know my door handle might be broken??

please help!

Jason
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

That old panel shouldn't be too hard to take off. It should be all screws and Christmas-tree snaps. My '88 Town Car's is a piece of cake.

The thing that controls your door latch should be a metal rod. It should just easily snap into your door handle assembly. If you do end up needing a new handle assembly, I have one for a Town Car that may fit... I'd need a photo of yours for comparison though.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
      That old panel shouldn't be too hard to take off. It should be all screws and Christmas-tree snaps. My '88 Town Car's is a piece of cake.

The thing that controls your door latch should be a metal rod. It should just easily snap into your door handle assembly. If you do end up needing a new handle assembly, I have one for a Town Car that may fit... I'd need a photo of yours for comparison though.

I wanted to know how many screws under the panel? where the location? and what christmas-tree snaps? like black buttons?

Comment

door handle needs to be replaced.......they are still available new from ford for around 100 bucks or ebay has made in china ones (never tried them, prob junk) mine broke around 2001.......i dont know how many screws on a tudor panel......you ae going to need a pack of door panel clips for sure (5 bucks)

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
          door handle needs to be replaced.......they are still available new from ford for around 100 bucks or ebay has made in china ones (never tried them, prob junk) mine broke around 2001.......i dont know how many screws on a tudor panel......you ae going to need a pack of door panel clips for sure (5 bucks)
          I ask you question, how to take it off the door handle? is there any clip to hold the door handle?

Comment

Should be 2 nuts on the inside, and the linkage has a plastic clip that holds it on. Possible the plastic clip broke, but I'd bet the metal on the inside where the linkage attatches broke off. Once you have the door panel off, its fairly simple to get in there. Run the window all the way up, and you should be able to reach up inside with a wrench. I'm guessing its probably 7/16 or 10mm.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Update, I did went to the Ford dealership, I found out the driver's door handle cost me over 220.00!!! yes canadian dollars. damn expensive! what I can do? if any of you can get the door handle in USA? cause its will be cheaper??

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSteakJim View Post
                If you do end up needing a new handle assembly, I have one for a Town Car that may fit... I'd need a photo of yours for comparison though.
                :cops:

Comment

I bought the 'Made in China' copies for my '86 Town Car. Work Great. Look Great. Fitted perfect. About $25 each (???)

LOTS of online stores sell them. I think I just used Google.
                  Rob the Aussie
                  Photos
                  Founding (and only) member of the CLIPPer Club.
                  (Continuous Lincoln ImProvement Program).

Car: '86 Lincoln Town Car
                  Engine: 302 Windsor

Comment

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

jason
                      i just spoke with bill at team ford parts in las vegas nevada........yes he ships to canada......the part number for the door handle is E25Y-5422405-A it has a list price of 126.78 and your cost before shipping will be 96.64 ........that's in american money
                      his phone number is 1-800-791-6436
                      hope that is of help to you......as rob mentioned you can get made in china ones......not sure if they fit a two door tho
                      scott

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                        jason
                        i just spoke with bill at team ford parts in las vegas nevada........yes he ships to canada......the part number for the door handle is E25Y-5422405-A it has a list price of 126.78 and your cost before shipping will be 96.64 ........that's in american money
                        his phone number is 1-800-791-6436
                        hope that is of help to you......as rob mentioned you can get made in china ones......not sure if they fit a two door tho
                        scott

thanks man! I will going to call to bill tomorrow morning to order it.

Jason

Comment

Working...
                        X