No announcement yet.

Need some help with rad support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can clean the pcv screen, but usually they're pretty bad and you'll end up spending more on carb cleaner to get it to not be nasty than a new one. Also, removing it often destroys the thing. Autozone may have it listed as a breather element, most places have the part, but nobody knows what to call it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      You can clean the pcv screen, but usually they're pretty bad and you'll end up spending more on carb cleaner to get it to not be nasty than a new one. Also, removing it often destroys the thing. Autozone may have it listed as a breather element, most places have the part, but nobody knows what to call it.
      That's true too, and some parts guys just look it up under the name you give them and then look at you like you're a moron. I've taken to trying to explicitly let on that I know what the thing is and what it does and what it looks like, but not necessarily what their computer system will call it... sometimes this seems to help otherwise-less-than-helpful counter guys get the hint to look under different part names. Of course, there are still the times I have to just leave and come back when a given guy isn't working.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Alright

I finally got the damn PCV filter out, without removing the upper intake
        Got everything plugged in, went to start the car, and I had the damn plug wires in the wrong order
        looked the order up, fixed my mistake and she took right off. There's some other small (or maybe not) run issues which I'll post in the appropriate section.
        Here's some pics of the PCV filter I took with my crappy webcam:

As you can see, totally caked. Oh yeah, the PCV valve looked OEM....... and *black*...... but it rattled
        Attached Files

Comment

The factory part is black plastic Motorcraft, so not surprising it was black. I want to say the number is EV-98 but don't quote me on that. Never seen one that totally quit rattling. Mine I replaced with a Motorcraft one, because it was 5 cents more than the metal one and I figured it wouldn't hurt to put factory parts back in there for such a small amount.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
          X