HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP!!!

I FINALY found out the mystery part on the rocker arm: it was the metal O-ring,etc and found that the rocker arm itself moves laterally almost as much as it does up/down, have ordered the set o RA's from a 1970-71 351w to test them, they are rollers, is there any part sites, etc that sells parts, or if someone could tell me how to fix the little problem....

Also, I am checking the Camshaft for warping, excessive wear, etc that will constitute for a whole new cam, etc...lol

Any help will be appreciated....
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

metal O ring on the rocker arm? what? sorry but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Can you get pics?

1970 rocker arms, if factory, would be a stud mount rail rocker, not a roller rocker. They have a channel in the end to keep them centered over the valve stem, and they're adjustable. Your factory 1991 rockers are pedastal mount, and they sit in a C channel shaped thing that goes between 2 rockers. The C channel keeps the rockers centered. To make a long story short, they are not interchangeable.

This is a set of 1970 heads with the stock rockers, look at the end where it sits on the valve stem and you'll see the channel

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
      I FINALY found out the mystery part on the rocker arm: it was the metal O-ring,etc and found that the rocker arm itself moves laterally almost as much as it does up/down, have ordered the set o RA's from a 1970-71 351w to test them, they are rollers, is there any part sites, etc that sells parts, or if someone could tell me how to fix the little problem....

Also, I am checking the Camshaft for warping, excessive wear, etc that will constitute for a whole new cam, etc...lol

Any help will be appreciated....
      Early SBFs had stud mounted rail rockers with a ball fulcrum.
      Later they were converted to stamped steel bolt down rockers with barel style fulcrums.

Except for certian Boss motors were the barrel fulcrum was used in conjunction with guide plates and screw in studs.
      Exc
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
      X