My 84....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 84....

Well, my "baby" LTD will be going in the shop next week, after Thanksgiving... to get the CFI running right, or converted to a carb. The shop I use has a guy there that used to work for Ford in the mid 80's, and has assured me he can get it running 100% correct with the CFI.... If not he will do the conversion to carb for me.... And give me a huge discount on the labor. One way or another... it WILL be running right hopefully by the end of next week! Tom....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Cool. If they fix the CFI, let us know what was wrong with it.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

He said the main problem with the CFI's are electrical connections and vacume leaks... due to all of the connections.... (Anyone with the CHI knows what I mean!) So he always starts by replacing all of the vacume lines, and cleaning all of the electrical plugs with a small brush and electrical contact cleaner spray, until they are clean and shiny he said... He also removes the injectors and cleans them... Not sure how he does that tho... If he takes them apart or soaks them....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

Might have an injector cleaning machine.

Agreed on the connections, they do get funky at the cfi unit itself, also heard of the fuel pump connector coming apart and getting intermittant. Bad connections do fit why they don't run consistantly.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X