X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecm

whats the difference between a A9L computer
    and a A9S and which one is better

A9S is california manual, A9L is 49 state manual. Not a clue what the actual program differences are though. Ideally you should be looking for one from an automatic car, they have a bit more agressive low rpm timing curve.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yup, you want an A9P. That's a Mass air ECU for an auto car. Of course if it's going to get tuned, it really doesn't matter.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

There are a couple other automatic program codes that seem to sell for slightly cheaper because they're not as well known. A9M and A9T comes to mind. Again, no idea what the difference is on the program but its probably insignificant.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X