Milky oil to much lucas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Just ignore the knocking. Thats what stereos are for.
    I hear that, only real noise I hate from mine is annoying high pitch belt squealing I get from under the hood.

Now you got me thinking as to whether I should try an oil change w/o the Lucas. Mine is 81,000 mi (non-abused) now and I've been doing it Mobil 1 synthetic (10w30) for a few years now.
    sigpic
    1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
    Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

how long are your regular drives? condensation builds in crankcase if it doesnt get driven long enough to heat the engine well to steam the moisture thru the PCV. could be your PCV valve screen is clogged, PCV valve is bad, or you arent taking it on long enough trips to warm it right. surprised nobody mentioned this. i knew a car that ran great and had no issues except for what ou are describing. i did an oil change and had them drive the car on longer trips and there was a differense. restore is more beneficial to your engine also compared to a thickener. if you want to add that...just use thicker oil and save yourself the trouble of lucas
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

86gmlscoupe, you shouldn't be using that crap, then.
        '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
          I started using it back when the car was leaking oil all over. It does seems less now.
          sigpic
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
            how long are your regular drives? condensation builds in crankcase if it doesnt get driven long enough to heat the engine well to steam the moisture thru the PCV.
            My dad always told me that whenever I'd show him the water & white gunk under the oil cap. A nice trip on the highway every now and then helps. I never get that anymore.

Originally posted by boXman View Post
            I started using it back when the car was leaking oil all over. It leaks less now, but I also had the rear main seal done, and tightened the valve covers. If it's better to go w/o Lucas then I'll do that, it'll certainly be cheaper. I figured at worst the stuff would do nothing, but I didn't think it would harm anything.
            sigpic

Comment

It probably isn't hurting anything, but there's no reason to use it if your motor is fine. You're running good oil, too. Shouldn't need any additives, regardless.

Also, it was probably leaking because of the switch to synthetic. It creeps out of the small spots regular oil doesn't.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Okay, thanks a lot for the info. When I took over taking care of the car I used reg oil, then the Castrol blend, and finally Mobil synthetic. It's leaked for a long time, but I don't have to check the dip stick every two days now. I sure a lot was taken care of with doing the rear main though.
                sigpic

Comment

valve covers would be a good idea to get new gaskets for. get the fel-pro perma-dry valve cover gaskets. they are a blue rubber looking gasket. if you do the valve cover gaskets, you will be able to see if there is any kind of buildup in there also and see how clean it really is.

Comment

The oil in my 2 door looks kind of milky but it smells like gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanVic84 View Post
                      Leaky fuel pump?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by MeanVic84 View Post
                        does that thing still burn relly rich?

Comment

if oil smells like gas ... i was thinking along the lines maybe rings are going bad or gas is getting past rings or as mentioned above if you have a mechanical fuel pump it could be bad.

Comment

hm, gassy smelling oil is bad. If its running really rich, that'll do it. Gotta be careful of that, too much fuel in the mix will wash out the rings and cause premature wear. Also really bad for the bearings.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                            X