Milky oil to much lucas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milky oil to much lucas?

ok, i just checked my oil since im going away this weekend, and its milky, now i know that could mean antifreez in the oil, but i put lucas in a while back, (more then what was required) cause of how bad the engine was knocking, well it runs nice and quite now with the odd knock here and there, but im just wondering if the oild would just look milky beacuse of the lucas?

I had restore do my dipstick like that one time. >_> i just kept cleaning the dip stick untill it came out purty agine hehe.

I never have umm, got milky resadu from lucus though..
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Sounds like you have water in your oil. Have you been losing water at all?
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

not that i know of, i know my heater will blow warm, then go a little less warm, but the rad is full, so im not to sure, the engine seems to run fine to, it has 220 000 kms on it. but im leaving in the morn with the car for the weekend so i hope she holds up

Comment

I use Lucas every change and I've never had milky oil, just gets some of the white gunk under the fill cap every now and then (always had that, even before the Lucas), but the oil drains out dark brown.
          sigpic
          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

yea not that i think of it, there white chunks on the dipstick, but you can also see regular brown oil on it as well

Comment

Too much will make it look like that, yea. I've seen tests done with Lucas...I'll never use it again.
              '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Originally posted by boXman View Post
                Too much will make it look like that, yea. I've seen tests done with Lucas...I'll never use it again.
                Yea? I've prob been using it about 2 years now and I always heard people say it was pretty good. Isn't it supposed to be 4 qts. reg oil and 1 qt. Lucas? Did you notice any changes after you went without it?
                sigpic
                1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Yea, Restore is a better product.

Lucas is just a band aid.
                  '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                  '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Straight answer. Milky color, and intermittent heat is a sign of a bad head gasket (more likely), or a cracked head (less likely). At that high mileage, I would consider a rebuild, or a replacement motor. This is where you have to step back, take a good, long hard look at what you have, and decide whether or not it's worth it to you to repair it. Sorry for the harsh reality check, but that's what it all boils down to.
                    Mike

Comment

My advice is to change the oil and don't run the lucas for a while, and see if the milky oil returns.
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grandpaslincoln View Post
                        My advice is to change the oil and don't run the lucas for a while, and see if the milky oil returns.
                        and if it doesnt return dont use lucas or any additive ever again.
                        Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

Restore DOES rock.
                          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

yea, i have done alot of work to the car to get it back road worthy again, so if it comes down to it ill drop a new engine in, i have done to much to it to just junk it, (the 4 dr is the one im talkin about)

Comment

Just ignore the knocking. Thats what stereos are for.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X