air pump loose????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

air pump loose????

This morning, I got in my car, and was greeted by a terrible squeal from the fan belt... So I got out and checked under the hood... and the friggen air pump was loose! How the hell did that happen??? Sooo since I didn't have the time to mess with it, I limped it to work, and now I have to stop up the street at my old Advance I used to work at, and borrow a socket and ratchet.... Hopefully, it is just loose, altho I don't know why the hell it would get loose... unless the mounting tab is broken, which it doesn't look like it is... Guess time will tell....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Well, tonight after work I got under the car, (BEFORE I left the parking lot at work...) And found the large bolt on the back of the airpump hanging out of the bracket.... If I would have hit a good size bump, I would have lost the bolt! So I screwed it back in finger tight, then carefully drove down to my old advance store, and borrowed a wrench out of their tool box and tightened it up, along with the other bolt on the front... I have to jack it up or go down and borrow a friends car lift to get to the bolt that goes on the front of the engine block, that attaches to the bracket on the back of the pump... But I have noticed that a rattle that was getting REALLY bad is gone... Guess I found the source of the rattle!!! I don't know if these just worked their way loose.. or the garage that put the new airpump on didn't torque them down right... never had anything like this happen before... Guess I will be adding some lock tite, just to make sure they don't come loose again! Tom....

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
    Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

shop ran it in with an air ratchet and it wasnt tight enough......i do all my final tightening by hand.....i dont trust the air ratchets

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
      X