Engine Plan's for My 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
    The coolest looking headers I ever saw were from a W code 427 Cougar GTE. They look like flattened out triangles.
    Ever seen a set of cast aluminum headers for an early 60's Super Duty Pontiac? Those are pretty neat; I actually saw set online for sale a few months back. $$$$$$$. I couldn't believe they were aluminum!
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

wow..a 6pac...shoudl be an interesting setup either way you go!
      good luck with it Dave!
      sigpic
      1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by MeanVic84 View Post
        Oh and make sure you use a *HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP* cuz if you don't, your just lookin for trouble.
        High volume pumps on engines not modified to use one are a bad idea. If the drainbacks in the heads and lifter galley aren't chamfered to improve oil return, its entirely possible to have the pump cavitate from a lack of oil in the pan. Stock volume pumps are fine unless the engine is built with special demands. A n'/a 302 that doesn't see silly RPMs isn't a special requirement.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

should be interesting to see what you do dave

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I like the plans for the engine, and all the knowledge I just gained about tri-carb setups.

Have you thought about picking up a roller block for a few extra ponies? They can usually be found pretty cheap and would open up your cam selection.
            -Matt
            1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Working...
            X