Engine Plan's for My 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine Plan's for My 2 dr

ok thaught ide might as well post my engine plans for the 2 dr.
    ill start with a list of differnt parts im going to get, or alredy have for it,
    six pack intake, if i can find one cheap enough, here is a pic i found on google

mustang shorty headers, I alredy have them
    i have a set of 351 DO0E heads i rebuilding for it, (port polish, new valves, guides, etc... havent touched them yet tho.)
    Gear Drive, I know not many people like gear drives but meh... i do
    new bearings,
    new oil pump, Whats the best oil pump and shaft?
    rollar rockers,
    aftermarket cam, havent decided what cam to use yet tho..
    I figure the 6 pack will make it even more nistalgic looking, just have to figure out the TV rod thing.
    im probley going to pain the engine in a vintage ford colour, maybie the green the used on the old flathead v8's

That is the most interesting build I have seen yet. I'll wait to see it when its "done"
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

That ought to be fun.
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Blue Thunder for teh win...

Comment

On a six pack, is it all one carb with 6V or three different carbs?
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

It's three carbs.They were very popular on the Chargers and Cudas with the 440.
            sigpic
            1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
            Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
              It's three carbs.They were very popular on the Chargers and Cudas with the 440.
              Don't forget the Ford 390, 406 and 427, the Chevy 427, and the Pontiac 455.
              Nick
              88 Colony Park LS
              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
                You bet, the 440 Cuda and Charger were just the first two examples that came to mind. I was wondering since you mentioned the Pontiac 455. I thought the Pontiac's came with Tri Power? I know the Six Pack (Mopar) and Tri Power(GM) are similar but the Tri Power has one air cleaner per carb? Also, doesn't ford have their own setup that was just called the 6V? I think I'm just getting hung up on the terminology.
                Last edited by 86GmLsCoupe; 11-10-2007, 06:11 AM.
                sigpic
                1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
                Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

There was no Ford 427 6 pack. 4V or 2x4V.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercracer View Post
                    There was no Ford 427 6 pack. 4V or 2x4V.
                    I could've sworn I heard of '64 Galaxies coming with a 3x2 setup, but I can't go against your expertise I probably just got confused with with the 406.
                    Nick
                    88 Colony Park LS
                    G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                    Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

I could've sworn I heard of '64 Galaxies coming with a 3x2 setup, but I can't go against your expertise I probably just got confused with with the 406.

I am far from infallible, but the last 3x2v setup Ford had was on the '63 406. The early 427s were either Q code 4V or R code 8V. The later ones were W code 4V as the 428 took over the Q code designation.

Comment

It looks like a custom TV setup is called for on that 3X2, but you may be able to mod a Lokar setup for that. Pony Carburetors sells Tri-Powers that are rumored to be the best 3X2 as far as drivability. Expensive though at almost $2,000. I'd say it would be cheaper to go with dual fours if you want multiple carburation.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

3x2v is not an inexpensive option and not the easiest to tune. People go with 3x2v carbs for the looks and not the performance.
                          A Lokar cable would work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 86GmLsCoupe View Post
                            You bet, the 440 Cuda and Charger were just the first two examples that came to mind. I was wondering since you mentioned the Pontiac 455. I thought the Pontiac's came with Tri Power? I know the Six Pack (Mopar) and Tri Power(GM) are similar but the Tri Power has one air cleaner per carb? Also, doesn't ford have their own setup that was just called the 6V? I think I'm just getting hung up on the terminology.
                            You guys are forgetting the J2 option on late 50's Oldmobiles. Those were 3X2, as were a plethora of GTO's w/ the 389 from '64-'66. To my knowledge, there were no tri power 455's. There were some very rare '66 Oldsmobiles with a tri power too.

Note: "Tri power" is what my Dad calls anything with a 3 2 barrels...
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

BTW, Dave84, the tripower idea is awesome. Definitely plenty nostaligic. It should be really nice.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                              X