Shifter indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter indicator

Anyone have a problem with there shifter indicator sticking or not going into place like it should??(Meanning park into neterual;reverse into park; and so on.) Is there a cable that can be repaired or should I replace the hole speedo??...
    Thanks..Don
    Last edited by midwestLTD; 11-03-2007, 10:52 PM.
    91 w/ 5.0 with eibach springs for a SS Impala ,hd police shocks on front w/big brake uprade,rear shocks for F-150 HD. Dual s w/ glass packs, 15X8 A/R Wheels 5% Tint on rear.http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...l.php?id=11699sigpic

Originally posted by midwestLTD View Post
    Anyone have a problem with there shifter indicator sticking or not going into place like it should??(Meanning park into neterual;reverse into park; and so on.) Is there a cable that can be repaired or should I replace the hole speedo??...
    Thanks..Don
    if it sticks, it may be the spring. You don't have to replace the whole speedo either. you can get the part seperately. but you will have to take the speedo to remove it correctly.
    I have a problem with it. I have to get the clip that the cable hooks to. it broke so now the indicator doesn't work at all.

Comment

Usually the collar that holds the cable to the column snaps.

Usually you can see it if you look up from under the dash. I've fixed mine with a zip tie before and it works OK.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Zip ties work wonders. I got both the wagon and '82 zipped into place. The little peg on the shifter rod breaks sometimes too.
        1990 Country Squire - under restoration
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - daily beater

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

or you could get lucky, and it won't be broken.

Comment

If it wasn't broken, it'd most likely be working properly, now wouldn't it?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Thanks gents. Today when I was getting in my Vic to come home. I put her in gear and the red selector pin broke so now there is a nubby there; I can still see it but that sucks..I will try the zip tie tommorrow & see if it works for me....Thanks again..Don
              91 w/ 5.0 with eibach springs for a SS Impala ,hd police shocks on front w/big brake uprade,rear shocks for F-150 HD. Dual s w/ glass packs, 15X8 A/R Wheels 5% Tint on rear.http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...l.php?id=11699sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X