No announcement yet.

Water pump replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dexcool crystalizes on the low coolant sensor in the reservoir causing it to say it is low when it isnt. i have seen that numerous times, and just tapped on the bottle and voila. since we are speaking of coolants, is the universal stuff any good that can be used with regular or dexcool? it is a piss yellow stuff that wally werld sells and i have used that and havent had issues, but wondered if anybody else has had issues.
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      I'm not sure how the coolant could possibly be "low pressure". The basic laws of physics are that liquids don't compress, and they expand with heat. By that, the hoses should be hard like any other cooling system. If they're not, the radiator cap is probably shot. The pressure is actually an important factor in keeping the system from boiling over. Boiling point of liquids increases with pressure.
      Well from what I understand the Evans Coolant is 100% Inhibited Propylene Glycol, and operates at greatly reduced cooling system pressure (Usually between Zero and 7 pounds per square inch). There is no water added to the system at all. The guy that created it, Jack Evans, used to work with GM. Here is the website link for more info. http://www.evanscooling.com/main25.htm
      sigpic
      1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
      Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Well they say the stuff boils at 375 degrees Fahrenheit (I'm assuming they mean at 14.7 PSI), which is why it doesn't need to operate under high pressures in order not to boil. Well yip-yip-yip-yip-yahoo, it's gonna go up to 15 PSIG anyway because of thermal expansion and the radiator cap. I just don't get how that's an advantage.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I always figured the main benefit in my case would be less stress on the hoses and gaskets, the Grand Am is pretty notorious for intake manifold gaskets going so I was hoping to avoid that. Otherwise, it's supposed to quite a few other benefits I won't rewrite here but they have it on their website. On another note, the creator Jack Evans was screwed over by GM who supposedly stole his trade secret. There has been an ongoing lawsuit over it for years.
          Last edited by 86GmLsCoupe; 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM.
          sigpic
          1986 Grand Marquis LS 2 Door
          Ext: Medium Shadow Blue Metallic, Int: Midnight Blue, 3.08 open, 235/70/15 Goodyear Aquatread III, Rebuilt AOD w/ Transgo Shift Kit, 3G upgrade from 95 5.0 Mustang, Walker Dual Exhaust w/ H pipe, Viper 5900ST alarm, De-smogged, Rear Civ. Sway Bar, and more.

Comment

Working...
          X