Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Gas Tank Time... this car is killing me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gas Tank Time... this car is killing me...

Well walked to my car today and I saw a puddle underneath the car and it was gas. So I syphoned the gas out of the tank and have been burbing up gas fumes all day. Now I was looking into a new tank and saw this one at RockAuto http://info.rockauto.com/SPI/F17.html
    but for now I gunna use a gas tank patch to get it home. Will that work this is for the tudor. It has a 16 gallon one right now.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

where is it leaking from? i accidentally popped a hole in a tempo tank before and temp fixed with fiber glass and screen mesh
    Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

yeah where is it leaking from? I know the lines at the fittings will sometimes go, mine did. and on my Merc the tank had a few holes from rust I originally found on the road temp fixed them with metal tape. then used a patch from Napa. That held up for a few month while it sat until I scrapped it.
      Resident diesel addict

Comment

if the tank is leaking, just buy a new tank.......advance auto parts has them in stock......and while you are at it, replace the fuel pump and the pickup........the 190lph mustang pumps are reasonably priced at summit racing and fit with some minor mods

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

wat are these minor mods
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

hose clamp to hold the pump to the hanger, and you have to punch a hole in the condom that the stock pump sits in to feed the clamp through it. The small rubber hose from pump to hanger plate might need replacing with longer line too. Very simple.

Also, remember you're driving a 20 year old car. Things will randomly break, usually when its not convenient for them to do so. Just be glad it didn't do this in the middle of winter following a snow storm.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

true
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X