No announcement yet.

who's the fastest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im relatively new, me vic is a 1991 Crown Vic, 351w, stock for now an I run 61mph@12.49secs, goin to the track soon for a base line run and a official time slip...
    sigpic1991 Crown Vic 351w 5.8L

Comment

What does that convert to in 1/4 mile times? IIRC stock 351 P72's were in the 18 second range when new (old-school car mags).

Comment

nfs

not for sure, the LENGTH of the place I ran at was like 1,000ft +- between a 1/8th an a 1/4...LOL.
        takin it to the 1/4 in town, not a actual track, jus the local "street race" are....

Comment

what is it with all these wierd small tracks? Make them all a quarter mile dammit.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Seriously!,all most every damn one of the tracks around here are 1/8mi,I just don't get it.We always go to a private 1/4mi strip which a guy my dad knows owns and operates on his property.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
              What does that convert to in 1/4 mile times? IIRC stock 351 P72's were in the 18 second range when new (old-school car mags).
              This seems about right.

I may hold the record for the slowest box on this forum, period. And slow she shall stay, as me looks for another project car...
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Fastest or quickest? the fastest we ever went in Vicky was 145ish ......we had tall tires so the speedo was a bit off.....We had the 140 mph speedo pegged......Good times. it took awile to get to 140 though.
                YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

yea, I'd have to say Big Blue Tank is the fastest that I know of...there are some '03-'04 Mercury Marauders out there running faster than him, but I don think they post here...some of them run like 10s...but 11.47 is lightning/scary fast.

hopefully by this spring, I'll be joining the Quik Panther Club
                  hoping to get low 13s...if I hit 12.9, I'd jump for joy, but I'm not 100% positive that will ever happen.
                  Last edited by Mr. Land Yacht; 10-26-2007, 01:40 PM.
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

i think natehawk is running low 12's in his marauder.......he's saving for some 4.10 gears then high 11's for him!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

IIRC Nate's Trilogy was running 13's, that's with the low boost and 3.55's. Some gears, more boost, and tuning will get him into the 12's, and possibly 11's.

I'm happy with low 15's or 14's. My wagon should run in that range. I'm swapping gears soon, and that's going to make it slower.
                      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Plane airfield/track

Me an some friends are gonna use the local airstrip for a 1/8-1/4 run, its got good pavement, have to get me timing in order and the shitty hesitation out of Gladys first....

Comment

Originally posted by 351wcrayz View Post
                          Im relatively new, me vic is a 1991 Crown Vic, 351w, stock for now an I run 61mph@12.49secs, goin to the track soon for a base line run and a official time slip...
                          im not gonna look through all my timeslips, but i ran a 12.1 1000' and ended up running a 14.5 1/4.
                          http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                          http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
                            im not gonna look through all my timeslips, but i ran a 12.1 1000' and ended up running a 14.5 1/4.
                            it took you another 2.4 seconds to go another 320ft? im confused:bs:
                            [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Originally posted by ironstealth View Post
                              it took you another 2.4 seconds to go another 320ft? im confused:bs:
                              i think i ment 1/8 mile
                              http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
                              http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

Working...
                              X