motor oil capacity for a 1991 302 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor oil capacity for a 1991 302 engine

i recently bought my gf a 1991 ford crown victoria ltd car with a 302 motor in it.while doing an oil change,i noticed that when i drained the oil pan,i only got about 2 to 3 qts of oil out of it.i assumed that it would be the standard 5 qt. oil change but according to the dipstick,it only took 3 qts to fill it up(with 1 qt in the new oil filter)is this normal?

theres two oil drain plugs man.........the capacity is 5 quarts with filter......which one did you drain? the front one or the rear one?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yup thers two. if you just did a partial oil change. the new oil will last alot less because of the old oil. i would recommend redoing it soon. when you do just drain both of them.
      Last edited by Rojas109; 09-28-2007, 10:31 PM.
      sigpic
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2681604 --- http://www.supermotors.net/17596

Comment

Don't worry about missing the front drain plug - I changed the oil in my daily driver and forgot to do the filter because I was too busy trying to re-mount the dip stick tube that fell off the engine.
        -Matt
        1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Originally posted by jessstor View Post
          i recently bought my gf a 1991 ford crown victoria ltd car with a 302 motor in it.while doing an oil change,i noticed that when i drained the oil pan,i only got about 2 to 3 qts of oil out of it.i assumed that it would be the standard 5 qt. oil change but according to the dipstick,it only took 3 qts to fill it up(with 1 qt in the new oil filter)is this normal?
          One in the front holds 1 1/2. It's the way the pan is designed, it goes on a hump to fit over the crossmember.

Comment

Working...
          X