A good stiff dipstick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good stiff dipstick

Ok, heres a question for y'all. ThatOneGirl took her GM to the local JiffyLube to get her oil changed the other week. (I know, but there was no room/time to do it myself) Since then the dipstick is hard to remove and replace. It feels almost as if the dipstick tube itself is kinked, but I cant see any visible damage. Any idea what could cause this phenom?

Thanks mangs,

The Admiral

Just maybe, and this is a HUGE maybe, they might have had the intelligence to replace the O'ring on the dipstick.

Or the dipstick got bent. Did you check the stick to see if it was damaged?

Comment

If anything, I'd say a stiff dipstick is a good thing. :fucker:

Comment

Probably the tube is kinked.

Comment

The dipstick itself is not damaged or altered in any way, and I cant see any visible kink in the dipstick tube. Is there that much invovled in changing the dipstick/tube?

Comment

One nut holds it onto the exhaust stud, once you get that loose, it wiggles out. Getting the nut off is the hard part, need a thin wrench to grab the nut behind the dipstick so the whole stud doesn't try and pull out, wrapping the dipstick bracket with it.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

and make sure you don't break the dipstick off in the hole, it's a bitch to get out if you do!!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
              X