Another carb design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another carb design?

NOTE: My original intention was to have placed stuff like this in a sticky I created in the 'racing' room, but since it no longer exists, and does apply to 'tech'...

We have a guy here who has one on a 1966 Nova, loves it. If I had known he was coming, I would have brought the camera...but anyway, here is the site:
    dambest.com
    He had one of their 4-barrels on it. Said it completely changed the way it behaved during around-town cruising. Check out their R&D section for more interesting parts, such as these heads:

Check out the exhaust port location....

Interesting stuff, but why do their street carbs that they claim are for street usage still not have chokes?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

How do these differ from all the other Holley-style designs?
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        How do these differ from all the other Holley-style designs?
        From what I can tell, the venturi booster and venturis are quite a bit different, focusing on airflow velocity at low engine speeds. I only have two pictures to work off of...lol.

Comment

Wow, those heads are pretty wild. Those sure are nice looking carbs. Has anyone heard of modern inline four barrel carbs? I believe it was BG that is bringing a new line of them out. They were featured in Street Rodder Magazine a month or so ago. They looked pretty neat, and I believe they are claimed to be more efficient. Whats the deal with mounting them though, as far as intakes go?

Is dam a small company, or this a widely used unit; I never heard of it before. They make good power?

My auto machinst says that BG carbs are overrated. Says they are supposed to be "dialed" out of the box; set up for your app. He tried a BG on a hot 350 chevy (500 hp) and was unimpressed. The Holley he substituted pulled out another 15- 20 hp (also built for the app), as seen on the engine dyno.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
            Interesting stuff, but why do their street carbs that they claim are for street usage still not have chokes?
            My Capri has no choke she runs just fine ...after I get her warmed up
            YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

BG has the 'Badman' Inline setup for small block chevy's right now, and coming out soon for BBC and LS1 v8's. No mention yet of the Ford contingent.
              We got one in a shipment in May, and I snagged it from the warehouse before it could be sold. It has the following:

1. Dedicated intake manifold, although the casting isn't that clean
              2. I assembled it, took pictures, had it on the counter for a couple of hours, almost had it sold, then got a phone call from my area manager to get that f***ing BG back in the box, what the hell was I doing with it anyway, we weren't even supposed to have it....the pictures? My older two sons deleted them accidentally to make room for them to take pictures of them falling down on their asses while trying to ride a skateboard. It looks cool as hell, but the initial build quality leaves a little to be desired, just like their six-shooter 3-carb intake setup. Otherwise, I would probably like to get one. No cost as of yet, the initial Badman pricing was around $2500, but I haven't gotten any pricing since then, the part number is dead in my old computer at the store.

Who knows.

I did get an email back from dambest....would you believe that two barrel is a TBI replacement???
              Last edited by Guest; 09-19-2007, 01:38 AM.

Comment

shame the stuff is so dam expensive lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That "badman" inline four-barrel is impressive! I want one! :p
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                  X