Interior Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior Swap

How do you replace the little window in the back behind the rear window? The rear quarter window. Also will all the interior peices from a 82 mgm fits inside a 82 Crown Vic..Besides the speedo.
    Last edited by 82grand_merc; 09-11-2007, 11:16 PM.

hi there, i recall replacing one a long time ago, seems like you have to take all the ruber molding surrounding it, and also the small screw thats on the top of the door window frame, maybe it helps a bit. For the mgm i think everythings exactly the same dimensions except the trim and speedo design, don't know if the mechanisms and wiring are the same, maybe a merc owner can help us with that.

ps. excuse my english
    sigpic 1981 LTD one owner
    1992 Thunderbird SC, 1986 Mustang GT, 2003 Focus
    Originally posted by Piece-it pete
    All I know about Mexicans is, they don't need no steekin' badges lol.
    Pete

Comment

Well i jus want to knw cause im gettin both cars and one has a good motor and bad interior and the other has great interior bad motor.

Comment

Trim pieces all swap over, if you want to do all the work the dash will too but it is a lot of work for no really good reason.

The window requires the trim on the inside and outside come off, and its held in there with a butyl seal like a windshield uses. You'd need piano wire to slice through it, and the proper type of seal tape to put it back in. Best suggestion, take it to a glass shop that will actually have the tools and supplies to do it properly.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X