Seafoam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam

I searched the formus, can't find anything. Does this stuff work? My friend is thinking of using it in his Mark 8. Waste of time or now? All thoughts/ opinions appreciated.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

good stuff! but as a cheaper alternative i use b12 chemtool......same effects, 2.50 a can compared to 5 bucks for seafoam.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Everyone who i've talked to says it works. If someone here would like to give a rundown on how to use the stuff and the best place to put it for best results, i'd appriciate it, and i'm sure other noobs like me would too.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I just use carb cleaner...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

I used it today. I was going to try the B12 chemtool, but I didn't. I'd already read all about the stuff on Seafoam's website, so I wanted to use actual seafoam.

We used it in my friends MarkVIII, and then I decided I'd use some too. Must've been the peer pressure.

88Vic, the directions are on the bottle. If its carbed, you can dump 8oz down the carb slowly. I had to bump the idle to keep it from stalling (maybe I poured too fast). I ran it about 5 seconds after I finished pouring, then shut it off. I waited 6 minutes, then started it and blew it all out.

You can also add it to your gas (1 pint treats a tank), or to your oil. In addition, you can use a vacuum hose to intoduce it to the engine. I was going to do this, but it was easier to dump it down the carb. The smoky plume was intense!
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

P72Ford, Did you notice any difference?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              P72Ford, Did you notice any difference?
              I can't say for sure, but on my 35 mile ride home yesterday, my gas gauge didn't move. Usually I use an eighth of a tank (or a little less) on my runs home from school. As far as the engine running smoother, nothing. It always runs smooth once its hot. I'll let you know though.

Comment

Im a little late. But i did save this to Fav's Try this link

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

Originally posted by darkknight View Post
                  Im a little late. But i did save this to Fav's Try this link

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...hlight=seafoam
                  Well, according to that post I didn't do it exactly right. I followed the directions on the can though. I poured about half the can down the carb, slowly. I had to bring the idle up a little because it almost felt like it was going to stall. I waited 6 minutes. Maybe I should do it again in a few thousand miles, according to those directions.

As for hydrolock. Thats the first time I've heard that term. It does make sense though, seeing as liquids are incompressible.

Comment

Aye, sea foam will make a car stall. Usually when i use it. When it starts to stall i will cut the engine off. and waight 10 min's. But i pour it very very slowly. ( can use almost a whole can without making it stall. ) If you had smoke come from your exhaust afterwords.. You might want to try it in a few thousand milles agine. If u had hardly none come from it. I wouldn't bother with doing it agine.
                    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

I used it on my truck. It had ping problems for 4 years under heavy acceleration, after a bottle of that I haven't heard so much as a peep from it. Never made much difference on the Lincoln but it fixed the Chevy so I won't say its worthless.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                      X